Do you love macarons and would like some of the best flavors delivered to your doorstep on a regular basis?
Maybe you’re looking for a classy but budget-friendly foodie gift?
If yes, then you might want to read this Dana’s Bakery review and see if their macarons are worth your money.
Table of Contents
How Does Dana’s Bakery Work?
Dana’s Bakery makes gluten-free, kosher, and hard-to-find delicacies such as French macarons—but with an American twist.
They make their products every day and deliver to customers in the U.S. and around the world.
The bakery has 14 original flavors and usually offer a macron flavor-of-the-month.
And if you want macarons created according to your personal preferences, Dana’s Bakery has got you covered. They can craft custom flavors, colors, and apply personalized designs to meet your needs.
There are three different ways you can get your hands on Dana’s Bakery products:
- Local delivery – They can deliver your orders locally in New York City anywhere between 85th Street and Battery Park.
- Pick-up –You can pick your macarons at Dana’s Bakery headquarters, located at 69 Wesley Street, during business hours. Likewise, if you are in the Manhattan area, you can pick up your package at the Mac Bac at Dylan’s Candy Bar located at 1011 Third Avenue.
- Nationwide shipping – You can have your orders shipped anywhere UPS operates in the United States.
Dana’s Bakery typically delivers orders using overnight or two-day service; macarons are shipped in an insulated cooler-bag containing an ice-pack to uphold the quality and freshness of the products during transit.
If you want to enjoy the macaron flavor-of-the-month, you’ll need to subscribe to the Macaron of the Month Club.
As a member of this club, you’ll receive a Dana’s Bakery Variety Pack each month, which contains all seasonal macaron flavors, as well as the flavor-of-the-month.
You can choose either a month-to-month, three-month, six-month, or one-year subscription.
Types of Treats Available
Dana’s Bakery offers a wide selection of treats beyond their signature macarons.
It’s worth noting that all of Dana’s Bakery products are made with almond flour, so you should avoid them if you have a nut allergy.
Here are a few examples of what you can find in your box:
- Hot fudge sundae
- Cotton candy Mookies™
- Mini rainbow black & white cookies
- Rainbow black & white cookies
- Chocolate chip Mookies™
- Macaron-stuffed cookie
- Funfetti Mookies™
- Oatmeal chocolate raisin Mookies™
- Red velvet Mookies™
Prices will vary depending on the type and amount of macarons you purchase.
Here are the prices of some of the products from Dana’s Bakery:
- Hot Fudge Sundae Box – $34.00
- Neon Box – $33.00
- Adult Juice Box – $34.00
- Cookie Lover Combo Box – $47.50
- Macaron-Stuffed Cookies – From $25
- Variety Pack – $33.00
- Variety Box of Mookies™ – From $25.00
- Rainbow Black and White Cookies – From $27.00
- Champagne and Strawberries Box – $34.50
- Macaron Celebration Box – $35.50
- Confetti Macs – $36.00
- All You Need is Cake! – $33.00
- Chocolate Lovers Box – $33.00
If you opt for the monthly deliveries, there are four subscription options to choose from depending on your needs and budget:
- Month-to-Month Subscription – $33.00 per month
- Three-Month Subscription – $99.00
- Six-Month Subscription – $198.00 (you also receive one free month, totaling 7 months)
- Twelve-Month Subscription – $396.00 (you also get two free months, totaling 14 months)
For the multiple subscriptions, you will need to make full payment when you submit your order.
Also, keep in mind that you won’t get a refund if you decide to cancel your subscription midway. You’ll also pay for shipping, which is calculated at checkout.
Dana’s Bakery, a company that has revolutionized the traditional French macaron with an American twist, was founded in 2012 by a photo editor turned pastry chef, Dana Pollack.
The founding of the bakery was inspired by the lack of varieties of flavors in traditional French macarons; Dana’s Bakery macarons come in many different flavors, including seasonal flavors, flavors-of-the-month, as well as all-year flavors.
The business started in a little kitchen in New Jersey and has grown over the years to include a shop in New York City, where macaron lovers can buy various products and even attend classes to learn how to make macarons.
Today, the company ships its products all around the world.
Dana’s Bakery also made it to the Inc. 5000 list for Fastest Growing Private Companies in America in 2018.
If you don’t like what Dana’s Bakery has to offer, or they don’t meet your needs, you may consider the following alternatives:
- Tasterie: Founded by a physician-parent frustrated with the lack of allergen-free foods for her two kids, Tasterie is a monthly subscription service committed to delivering healthy, nutritious, and certified allergen-free food and snacks to your doorstep.
- Fine Chocolate Club: Fine Chocolate Club is a subscription-based chocolate delivery service. Every month, they deliver a box containing 5 bars from the best chocolate manufacturers across the globe.
- Universal Yums: Founded in June 2014, Universal Yums is an international snack subscription service that delivers a box of candies and other snacks from a different country every month.
Here are some of the major advantages and disadvantages of Dana’s Bakery to help you decide if they are right for you:
- An excellent variety of macaron flavors available
- Products conveniently delivered right to your door
- Various gift packs available, which may include a handwritten note
- High-quality packaging that preserves the quality and freshness of your order
- Pricing options are quite high for subscription services
- Some flavors are not as natural-tasting or delicious as others
Despite its minor flaws, Dana’s is a cool bakery for those with a sweet tooth and would like to explore different varieties of macaron flavors every month.
The customer service, just like the products, is top-notch.