These days, finding wild-caught salmon and seafood can be tricky. What you find available on the shelves often is farmed salmon and shellfish.
What’s wrong with farm-sourced seafood?
Farmed fish are fed genetically modified foods and sprayed with pesticides and other chemicals during development, rendering them less healthy for consumption.
Luckily, Vital Choice Seafood is on a mission to provide real seafood. Its seafood and salmon are fresh, wild, of supreme quality, and delivered right to your doorstep.
The fish are harvested from sustainable, certified, and licensed fisheries in Alaska and the Northern Pacific waters.
Besides seafood, Vital Choice Seafood offers humanely bred organic foods, including meat, poultry, beef, and other gourmet dishes.
How Does Vital Choice Seafood Work?
When you place an order with Vital Choice Seafood, you can receive it in a perishable or non-perishable box.
The perishable box is made with biodegradable, compostable packaging to maintain freshness.
The non-perishable box, on the other hand, comes in standard packaging. Both boxes include nutritional and cooking information.
All perishable orders are shipped with dry ice to preserve freshness. Keep in mind that different products have varying shelf lives. Unopened vacuum-packed smoked fish, for instance, has a shelf life (refrigerated) of two weeks.
Unopened, non-smoked, vacuum-packed fish has a refrigerator shelf life of three days.
Types of Meals Available
Vital Choice offers a wide array of wild-caught seafood, as well as organic meat, poultry, and other gourmet dishes either via subscription plans or one-off orders.
The subscription plan encompasses three meal plans, renewed monthly, as follows:
Wild Salmon Box
This box contains 14+ servings of salmon specialties, hot dogs, sausages, smoked salmon, burgers, single-serve portions, and more. Note that this box does not include shellfish.
Wild Fish Box
This box comprises 15+ servings of wild salmon, plus tuna, sablefish, cod, sole, and halibut. The box also includes hot dogs, salmon burgers, sausages, and more. This box also does not contain shellfish.
Wild Seafood Box
This box is the most expensive of the three boxes. It includes 17+ varieties of shellfish, fish, and salmon servings, as well as salmon burgers, hot dogs, sausages¸ and more.
One-Off Plans – The Welcome Box and Vital Starter Box
These plans, curated for new organic users, include tasty options like salmon, halibut, salmon burgers, and more.
Vital Box also occasionally offers limited edition boxes, such seasonal grill packs designed specifically for outdoor cooking.
Any products you receive in your subscription can also be bought stand-alone from the Vital Choice storefront (without a subscription) if you find a product you happen to really like or need in larger quantities.
Pricing varies according to your plan and box type:
- Wild Fish Box costs $169.
- Wild Salmon Box retails for $129.
- Wild Seafood Box retails at $199.
- Welcome Boxes are $99.
If your order does not meet your expectations, Vital Choice Seafood guarantees a full refund or replacement within 30 days of purchase.
Shipping costs vary depending on your total order price.
Boxes up to $49.99 cost $4.95 to ship; those between $50 and $98.99 cost $9.95 to ship; and purchases over $99 ship for free. These costs apply only to the 48 contiguous U.S. states.
For orders shipping to Alaska and Hawaii, packages up to $200 bring a $19.95 shipping cost.
Higher-priced options add a 10% charge on top of your order total. Vital Choice Seafood also ships to Canada, but only non-perishable goods, unless you use your own FedEx account.
Packages will typically reach you within two business days.
Vital Choice also has a loyalty program. For every dollar that you spend, you’ll earn between 2 and 6 points depending on your member level.
You rise in level by earning more points.
- New members earn 2 points per dollar
- Gold status requires 1,500 points and earns 4 points per dollar
- Platinum requires 3,200 points and earns 6 points per dollar
Every 500 points equate to a $5 coupon, up to $100 off.
You’ll get an additional 200 points on your birthday and can earn extra points by referring friends.
Vital Choice Seafood was founded more than 13 years ago by former Alaska fisherman Randy Hartnell.
His mission was to deliver superior-quality, pure, wild fish that were handled with extreme care during harvesting, processing, and fishing—and he succeeded.
Vital Choice Inc. understands that impurities in fish adversely affect your overall health and wellbeing.
That’s why the company only sells products from certified, well-managed, sustainable fisheries.
After processing, all Vital Choice’s seafood is flash-frozen to maintain the fish’s fresh, physical appeal, and avoid losing omega-3 oils in the process.
The bottom line? Vital Choice Seafood Inc. harvests wild salmon and other fish species from certified, licensed fisheries devoid of contaminants and impurities.
Superb subscription boxes like Vital Choice include Butcher Box, Carnivore Club, and Goldbelly.
- Butcher Box delivers a mix of grass-fed, grass-finished, hormone-free, humanely raised organic, and free-range beef, chicken, and pork.
- Carnivore Club delivers premium cured-meat varieties, ranging from Italian Salami to South African Biltong, Spanish Chorizo, and more.
- Goldbelly is an artisanal online gourmet service that delivers meats and seafood, as well as desserts, baked goods, deli items, sweets, and prepared appetizers.
- Vital Choice Seafood offers a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Its salmon and seafood are sustainable and sourced from licensed and certified fisheries.
- Fish are flash-frozen to preserve optimum freshness and prevent the loss of essential omega-3 oils and vitamins.
- Since the company’s seafood is wild-caught, impurities common with farmed seafood are minimal.
- Food parcels are packed in environmentally-friendly packaging to maintain freshness and optimum temperatures.
- Subscription services can’t be customized.
- Company support is not available in the evenings and on weekends; it is only open weekdays from 7 am to 4 pm Pacific Time.
Vital Choice Seafood Inc. delivers some of the world’s most exceptional seafood.
It has garnered an impressive 9.5 out of 10 stars based on reviews from more than 13,000 users on Trustpilot.
The positive reviews go a long way toward boosting confidence in the company’s premium-quality, sustainably sourced seafood.