The busier we get, the more we may toss vital activities – like cooking healthy meals – to the back burner.
If we do manage to cook, we may prepare the most straightforward, fastest, and often unhealthy, quick-fix meals, or order fat-laden takeaways and consider mealtime done.
In the end, we fail our bodies with these substitute meals.
So, what if someone prepared healthy meals for your family and delivered them right to your doorstep?
Well, that’s exactly what Fresh Meal Plan does. The company cooks and delivers healthy, balanced, and delicious meals from their kitchen to your home, once or twice a week.
According to the company’s website, an internationally acclaimed chef ascertains that the more than 500 dishes available are nourishing for your body.
Table of Contents
How Does Fresh Meal Plan Work?
To become a member of the Fresh Meal Plan, visit its website, and sign up. Then, select the ideal meal plan for your family and a suitable menu for your first week’s deliveries.
You’ll choose meals every week because Fresh Meal Plan refreshes its menus weekly.
To pick a new week’s meal, log-in and select your preference.
It’s that simple!
If you don’t make your selection, the system automatically chooses a meal for you based on your first meal plan and the dislikes you shared during the sign-up process.
Fresh Meal Plan is headquartered in Florida and delivers to the 48 contiguous U.S. states. The delivery method and frequency vary by location. Florida residents, for instance, receive their hand deliveries twice a week in two sets.
The first batch arrives on Sunday night or Monday morning, and the next one on Wednesday night or Thursday morning.
Meals for residents in other states are shipped out every Thursday afternoon via FedEx.
The parcel comes in a nicely sealed, sturdy container containing dry ice and accompanied by a tracking ID that you will receive in advance via email.
After delivery, refrigerate your meals and reheat only at mealtimes.
To heat your meal, remove the film and sauce containers, then place the meal container in a microwave for 2-3 minutes and serve. The containers are microwave-safe but should not be oven-heated.
The use of cooler bags and ice containers during delivery helps maintain freshness during transit.
Please note that you must return the delivery bag with your next order or you are liable for a $10 non-refundable bag fee.
Types of Meals Available
The menu options cater to all and include vegetables, proteins, and carbohydrates or alternatives.
- Traditional menus contain complex carbohydrates, lean proteins, and vegetables.
- Paleo menus include lean proteins, vegetables, nuts, and seeds, to provide fatty acids essential for your body. This menu is low in cholesterol, sodium, complex carbohydrates, and saturated fats.
- The Keto menu is low in carbohydrates, moderate in proteins, and high in healthy fats. This menu is perfect if you want to lose weight. The low-carbohydrate levels force your body to use fats for energy and drive your body into ketosis to burn excess fat.
- Fresh Meal Plan’s Vegan menus incorporate healthy, balanced, and delicious no-meat meals for plant-loving individuals.
- Lean and Mean menus comprise high proteins, limited carbohydrates, and few fats. This menu is perfect for bodybuilders keen on maintaining their physiques. Unfortunately, this menu doesn’t have the option to change meals weekly like the rest of the menus.
- The XL Menu caters to those wanting extra protein in their meals. The menus are the same, but you’ll get double-protein portions.
Pricing varies by your meal plan.
Three meal plans and six menu options are available with Fresh Meal Plan, including:
- 6 meals at $12.00 per meal
- 10 meals at $10.90 per meal.
- 14 meals at $10.00 per meal.
This pricing formula translates to $72 per week for a 6-meal plan; $109 per week for a 10-meal plan; and $140 per week for a 14-meal program.
Billing is weekly. Florida residents get their bills every Friday, and others get theirs on Mondays.
As such, you should make any menu changes before your next billing cycle, based on your location.
For non-Florida residents, the Fresh Meal Plan website opens for selections from Wednesday at noon to Sunday at noon, and from noon on Saturday to noon on Wednesday for Florida residents.
Subscribers are required to choose their following week’s meals and update their orders accordingly during this window.
Marc Elkman, a certified personal trainer and health-and-fitness enthusiast, co-founded Fresh Meal Plan with Patrick Delaney.
They aim to offer an affordable, high-end, healthy, delicious, and nutritious meal delivery service that will change your family’s lives for the better.
Patrick Delaney is a prestigious Culinary Institute of America graduate and has served dignitaries, athletes, celebrities, and politicians, including former Presidents Bush and Clinton, the Saudi Royal Family, and Mikhail Gorbachev, among others.
Patrick and Mark weaved their professional skills and experience to craft this healthy, nutritious, and delicious meal plan for you and your family.
Other top meal subscription boxes that may be a good fit for you include:
- Martha and Marley Spoon: subscription services offer fresh ingredients accompanied with Martha Stewart’s recipes and photos for meal preparation.
- Farm Fresh to You: delivers 100% organic fruit-and-vegetable boxes to your home or office.
- Gobble: delivers fully prepped meals ready within 15 minutes, all in one pan.
- Delicious and balanced, fully cooked meals.
- The company allows flexibility to change your menus weekly.
- Reduces meal-preparation time to 2-3 minutes.
- XL option available for those who want to extra protein portions.
- Maintains a variety of menus and meal plans.
- Food is fresh and can stay unopened up to 10 days in your refrigerator.
- Packages use the latest technologies to preserve freshness during transit.
- Poor customer support reported.
- Vegetable servings can be insufficient.
- One fitness enthusiast said the Paleo menu uses deficient fat proteins like egg whites, extra lean chicken, and turkey, and that the vegetables are devoid of olive oil and butter.
Fresh Meal Plan offers healthy, prepared, balanced meals for people who want to eat right but can’t seem to carve out time to cook and prepare healthful meals.
The subscription is perfect for people with busy lifestyles, as it takes off the stress and time required for meal preparation, cooking, and clean-up.
We certainly recommend it if you are a time-starved busy professional.
The Fresh Meal Plan motto – “Be Fit. Be Fed. Be Fresh.” – certainly lives up to its name!