UrbaneBox is a subscription clothing service that promises to set you up with two to three good-quality fashion items a month.
A stylist picks the looks according to your preferences, so you get a set of brand-new clothes, expertly picked…and get to rock a new look.
Is it as simple as all that? Is this a subscription box that you might want a part of? In this post, we’ll review exactly that.
How Does Urbane Box Work?
It’s pretty simple.
Here are the steps:
During this process, you’ll be asked to pick out an outfit that best fits your current style.
You’ll need to answer questions regarding your preferences, style, measurements, and tastes, and the packages cost $60 per month.
Your subscription choice works a little differently here. Instead of opting for a certain number of items, what you will get depends on the length of the subscription.
So, while some companies allow you more items for an increased fee, here you’ll only get the set number of items.
You can choose between the following:
- Paying month-to-month
- A three- or six-month package
- A budget package
Your Box is Packed
A stylist is assigned to your account, and they’ll choose clothes based on your preferences and body type.
They’ll look for styles that will help you look your very best.
You can also communicate directly with your stylist to ensure that you’re both on the same page. If you have any special requests, let them know.
The Box is Sent Out
Within three to seven days, your box will be ready and on its way to you.
What if the Clothes Don’t Fit?
It’s possible, though not likely. If this does happen, the clothing must be returned unworn with the tags still on it.
As long as it isn’t damaged, you’ll get a replacement, and the company will cover all shipping costs.
This exchange service is only available to current members.
What if I Need a Break?
Are you worried about your finances for next month? Or maybe you just want to cut expenses for a bit?
That’s fine; members are allowed to take a break from their subscription. You can take up to three months in a row off.
If you need a break, email the company; make sure that this is done before the fifth of the month before the next boxes are prepared, however.
Types of Clothing Available
UrbaneBox initially started with a focus on menswear. It has since branched out to offer the fairer sex great quality clothing as well—including both casual and formal options.
The clothing is always fashion-forward, but you’ll never look like a fashion victim.
The stylists take the newest trends and use them to create wearable and practical looks. It’s simple, and you might never need to go clothes shopping at the mall again.
The focus is on finding staples that can be used over and over again.
You’ll get the best items to add to your wardrobe.
The packages have two or three items in each; this will cost you $60 per month.
The company also allows for the creation of custom packages containing additional items.
You could also opt to receive more than one package a month if you prefer.
What’s innovative here is that the company also offers an “On-demand” service; if you feel you need more clothes, ask them to deliver an extra box.
The idea for the company came from Samuel Gonzalez.
As a grad student, he found that he barely had time to stock up on food and other essentials; shopping for clothing was something he didn’t have time for at all.
That was the when the inspiration for UrbaneBox struck.
The company initially started out catering to men only; since then, they’ve expanded and created a chic woman’s range as well.
The company takes its corporate social responsibility seriously.
For each box sent out, they donate a dollar to childcare organizations.
They currently support:
- Railway Children
- Magic Bus
- Frank and Oak: This company focuses more on sustainable fashion.
- Yoga Club: A mostly-athletic wear service.
- The MS. Collection: Want to try but not buy immediately? With this company, you can rent.
Pros and Cons
- Quick turnaround: You’re looking at between three to seven working days to get your first delivery.
- Customizable membership options: There are a few different choices when it comes to membership. Choose a month-to-month plan, or opt for one that runs longer.
- Unique offers for members: You can order an extra box, extra clothes, or opt for bargain purchases only. No other service matches these innovations.
- Take a break: Members can take a break for up to three months if necessary. You don’t pay any penalties for doing so.
- Cancellation is simple: As long as you cancel before the fifth of the month, you don’t have to give notice.
- No hidden charges: The company is transparent regarding its fees.
- Exchange clothes that don’t fit: If the company makes a mistake with the size, you can change it at their expense. As long as the tags are on and the clothes are unworn and undamaged, you’ll get a replacement.
- The company offers discounts from time to time: Keep an eye out – the company is pretty good at sending out useful discounts. Snap them up, though; they usually expire fast.
- Only available online: We’re nitpicking here. Obviously, the whole reason that you signed up in the first place would be to stay out of stores. Still, it would be nice to get a look and feel for the merchandise before signing up.
- The discounts are only available for a limited time: Again—nitpicking. That said, if you don’t jump on the discount straight away, you might miss out.
UrbaneBox is one of the most flexible, consumer-friendly mail-order clothing services available.
You’ll have a whole new look chosen by a professional stylist.
The clothing is sourced from the freshest collections and up-and-coming brands to instantly update your look, and you can tailor your subscription to fit your needs.