Subscription services of all types offer the peace of mind for loyal customers who want to save time on commuting and shopping for a whole host of items.
And if you are wondering whether there is such a thing as clothing subscription services, then let me be the first to tell you that there is!
How Stitch Fix Works
Shopping is a fun activity for many people, but it definitely is not for everyone, owing to factors like disinterest, lack of time and energy, and the dreaded indecisiveness of choosing clothing items.
One straightforward solution to all these problems is available in the form of Stitch Fix, which offers you the convenience of getting your clothing items right at your doorstep rather than shopping online or running around to local clothing stores.
If you have been on the hunt for a reliable and trustworthy clothing subscription service provider, Stitch Fix is your best option, believe me.
Whether merely a sales tactic or an actual effort to make living easier for everyone, Stitch Fix really is transforming lives…and it seems that only plan to get better with time.
From choosing a style or the proper sizing of clothes, Stitch Fix has made everything much simpler for every subscriber.
Now, we’re sure that right off the bat you have concerns regarding the quality and pricing of clothing articles—which is to be expected for a new Stitch Fix subscriber. You are justified to worry about what exactly you will be receiving for your hard-earned money.
But we’re here to tell you that Stitch Fix is nothing like those scam platforms that claim top-notch clothing subscription services, only to provide you with cheap, ill-made products.
People who don’t have time or a liking for clothes shopping can subscribe to Stitch Fix to update their wardrobe as needed.
Personally, we like this platform because of the attention they have given to recruiting qualified stylists to send you the most popular clothing items every month.
Another great feature about this service is that it has a huge variety of options—in both sizing and pricing ranges.
You can find moderately priced clothing items, or you can choose to pay a little extra for designer articles.
So, in a quick list, here’s how it all works:
- Visit the official Stitch Fix site and scroll to the bottom of the home page to take a style quiz in order to determine your style preferences
- Submit this questionnaire to get items to fit your style profile
- You can also send Pinterest pictures of your preferred style, and the Stitch Fix stylists will indicate which design will fit your body shape
- Request delivery and the platform will send suitable items to you
- Once you have selected the items you like, send the rest back within three days
- Stitch Fix will charge a $20 fee if you do not keep anything
Types of Clothing Available
At Stitch Fix, much of the services are about personalizing your wardrobe depending on your style and design preferences.
As we pointed out earlier, the platform offers a never-ending range of styling options to choose from. The types of clothing you can find on Stitch Fix include:
- Women’s Clothing: size ranges from 0-24W (XS-3X). Petite, plus, and maternity sizes are also available
- Men’s Clothing: size ranges from XS-3XL, waist 28-48ʺ and inseams 28-36ʺ
- Kids’ Clothing: size range is 2T-14.
Stitch Fix also offers locally-styled and branded designer clothes. The major difference lies in the quality and pricing gap between these two categories.
Although you can find all types of clothing from this platform, casual clothing is the most popularly subscribed category.
Let’s be clear: Stitch Fix may not suit everyone’s budget.
The reason that the platform is rarely a reliable source for bargain hunters is that they hold no promotional activities or discount offers.
Despite all the convenience offered by this clothing subscription platform, it still may not be able to satisfy you in terms of sizing and pricing if you overthink your selection process.
- The moderately-priced clothing is affordable for most subscribers. You can also pay an extra few bucks to get branded clothing.
- As per the purchasing policy of Stitch Fix, you only have to pay for the items you keep from the lot shipped to your address.
- Shipping is quick and free
- If you choose not to keep anything from the shipment, Stitch Fix will charge a $20 styling fee
- For both kids and adults, prices start at $20
Stitch Fix was founded by Katrina Lake with a goal to establish personalized styling for subscribers by leveraging the skills of certified stylists and proprietary algorithms.
The first-ever Stitch Fix shipment was made in 2011 after which the company skyrocketed to success.
The platform launched menswear and plus-sized clothing for women in 2016 and 2017, respectively.
A few other options, for those of you not feeling the love for Stitch Fix:
- Yoga Club: Yoga Club offers fitness gear packages for women who are looking for the best value for their money
- Passion-ista: This service includes a complete range of stylish, curated clothing items and accessories at great values.
- PRET-A-BEAUTE: This subscription service provides beautiful, ready-to-wear clothing, jewelry, accessories, hosiery, and lingerie at value prices.
- Personalized styling to meet your preferences
- Well-qualified team of stylists and accurate algorithms create your style profile
- Hassle-free subscription process
- Wide variety of sizes available for women, kids, and men
- No shipping fees
- Pay for what you keep
- Easy returns
- Quality of fabric has been reported to be cheaper as compared to the more expensive items
- No items on discount or sale
- Little chance of getting a great deal
- Small try-out window of only three days