The Allure beauty box is the modern woman’s answer to the need to stay up-to-date on her make-up.
Being independent and self-supporting means you spend most of your time being awesome. You don’t have time to shop, and you don’t have time to try on random make-up and beauty enhancers.
The elite “Allure” brand backs this subscription service and the products contained in each box are handpicked by Allure’s editorial staff. Read on to see our review of this fine beauty box.
How Does Allure Beauty Box Work?
Becoming an Allure Beauty Box subscriber is relatively straightforward. Go to their website and order the Allure Beauty box.
As an added incentive, you will get a $5 discount on your first subscription. Choose from a monthly, three-month, six-month, or one-year subscription. The longer you stay subscribed, the more you will save.
Even if you are trying out the waters by getting the one-month subscription, you will get between $50-$90 worth of carefully curated beauty products in each box.
As a bonus, Allure BeautyBox has free shipping, so when you make your $15 subscription, you are only paying $15 to get that $50-$90 value from Allure.
Once you’ve purchased the box, it will generally arrive within one month of successful billing. If you want to get a clearer idea of when you’ll receive your box after you purchase it, you can check the FAQ page for more information.
As with most other subscription-style services, Allure beauty box will automatically renew at the end of the subscription period.
Allure’s editorial staff curates the items you receive. Also, Allure allows you to sample new beauty products that you might not have thought about in the past.
Think of it as a sampler or tasting menu of beauty products brought to you by a trusted friend.
Types of Products Available
What sets Allure BeautyBox apart from their competitors is that the Allure Editorial Team carefully curates the contents of each Allure BeautyBox.
The products do not repeat and are designed to show the subscriber new products that might work for them. Some products found in the Allure BeautyBox includes:
- Huda Beauty Samantha Lashes (full size),
- Kayali Vanilla Fragrance,
- Ouai Texturizing Hair Spray,
- Tony Moly Intense Care 24K Hydrogel Mask,
- A pick from Too Faced or Urban Decay
Members can also opt to purchase their all-time favorite products directly from the manufacturer.
Ideally, subscribers can discover for themselves which beauty products are best for them, and then they can develop a relationship with the brand of their own accord.
The Allure beauty box has four subscription options. These are:
- A one month $15 subscription that automatically renews every month. Allure gives a $5 discount on your first purchase, so the first purchase is effectively only $10.
- A three-month subscription for $45 renews at the end of the three months. This rate comes out to $15 per month.
- A six-month subscription for only $85 renews at the end of the six months. This price comes out to $14.17 per month.
- A yearly subscription for $150 renews at the end of the year. This rate comes out to $12.50 per month.
The Allure Beautybox is an offshoot of Allure magazine.
Allure has a long history as a reputable fashion magazine with long-standing relationships with beauty product makers. It made sense to partner with these manufacturers to provide fans of Allure with a new experience.
The Allure Beautybox is designed to be a sampler menu of sorts. Subscribers receive five or more beauty items worth $50-$60. Allure works to ensure that subscribers do not receive the same thing twice.
These Deluxe portions of popular beauty products are designed to introduce subscribers to the product, and if they like it, they can order more from the vendor.
Allure partners with both established luxury brands and independent brands to give subscribers a mix of the established old-guard in beauty and also potential rising stars in the business.
Consider the Allure Beautybox as an evolution of the traditional magazine advertising where each magazine has a sample of perfumes or other beauty products built into the magazine. The BeautyBox is a more focused effort.
If you don’t like the products provided by Allure BeautyBox, we’ve come up with three Alternatives you might like better:
The Ipsy glam bag provides you with samples of what your beauty regimen could be. It is a customizable glam bag designed to flatter your skin tone and provides a sampling of beauty products that you could add to your existing regimen.
BirchBox is a monthly subscription service that sends subscribers a box of four to five curated samples of make-up and other beauty-related products. Their products include organic-based products, skincare items, perfumes, and other sorts of cosmetics.
FabFitFun is a seasonal subscription box. You can customize some of the contents of your box by selecting several items that you want the company to include in your package. You can also choose to purchase add-ons in your package, for products that you’ve previously received and loved. If you like surprises, you can opt to leave the content of your box to the company.
- It’s the only editor-curated subscription box. Allure Magazine curates the contents. Their editors pick out products.
- 5-6 products are included each month; usually, they are deluxe sized samples, and they have included full size as well.
- You can try out different products for a fraction of the cost.
- The packaging comes in a glossy red box that gives this subscription a luxurious feeling.
- Free Shipping
- It’s on the more expensive end of subscription services at $15 a month compared to similar offerings, which are just $10.
- You end up with a stash of items that you won’t ever need.
- The samples in the box are costly when on retail; this means that if you get hooked, you probably can’t sustain the brands you like.
Allure Beauty Box Review Final Thoughts
The Allure Beauty Box relies heavily on the value proposition of being curated by the Allure editorial staff.
If you are a fan of Allure and you trust them to provide you with a desireable box of beauty products that you can add to your beauty kit.
Leave a Reply