Make your child Bluum! With wonderful toys and learning items that are fit for newborns and toddlers alike, Bluum will take all the toil out of shopping for toys with their top-notch subscription service.
Bluum has a team of MOMs (managers of merchandising) who carefully screen and test each product, from organic baby care products to toys and gear to make sure that all the items are organic and all-natural.
Table of Contents
How Does Bluum Subscription Box Work?
Blumm works as a subscription service; instead of having to go out on your own to purchase toys for your child, they do all the work for you.
It is incredibly convenient, and a subscription can even serve as great gifts!
Spare yourself from having to search for appropriate gift ideas for your young nephews and nieces.
The Bluum Subscription box does have a few somewhat unique features that help it to stand out from the pack.
For example, you get an email each month that gives you a sneak peek of the contents of the next box that you and your child will receive.
The people behind Bluum carefully research, play-test, and select only the best toys for each developmental stage.
You can rest assured that only after careful screening will unique items be placed in your child’s monthly boxes.
The email with the announcement about what items will go into your child’s loot box will arrive during the first week of the month, to help build anticipation, and your child’s Bluum Box will be shipped on the second week of the month.
This delay should give your child ample time to get excited about the toys they will be receiving.
Free shipping is a notable feature of this service; depending on your location, the Bluum Box can take up to seven days to arrive.
Inside will be hand-picked new toys, books, innovative gear, and other fun finds.
A Blumm Box subscription is a $34.00 monthly plan, including shipping.
According to the company, there is a $45 value of the box based on its contents. Even at the $34 a month subscription, having new toys that are specifically curated for your little one, seems like money well spent.
Blumm was founded in 2011 by Markus Rauschnabel and Sebastian Reicht—two early pioneers in the children’s subscription box industry.
Since then they have weathered the arrival of a plethora of competitors and have kept themselves afloat in an industry that seems to have new entrants every month.
As a testament to its success, Bluum operates in the entire Continental United States.
They have successfully combined new technology with astute business practices to remain head and shoulders above their competitors.
Blumm also takes its corporate social responsibility seriously, so the MOMs go out of their way to make sure that all their purchases for the company are responsibly sourced, free of chemicals, and beneficial to both parents and children (a great way for new moms to feel confident in the service).
Additionally, they continuously gather reviews and general feedback from customers and customer service calls fto learn more about consumer preferences.
- Sports Box – as an alternative to the general toy experience of Bluum, Sports Box is geared toward helping awaken the athlete in a child. This subscription service is for slightly older children, and the focus is on sports and the necessary skills a child will need to become an athlete. Sports Box strives to help you unlock your child’s athletic potential.
- Surprise Ride – Surprise Ride is designed to answer a severe problem in today’s children: Far too many are practically living on their screens. They are so busy playing with electronics that they are no longer learning the necessary mechanical skills that we learned as children. The Surprise Ride box is designed to give your child the tactile experience of playing with toys—something that playing with phones cannot do.
- Creation Crate – This loot box brings out the inner engineer in your child. While the Surprise Ride is there to nurture your child’s creativity and the ability to work with his or her hands, the Creation Crate simulates engineering and invention but makes sure that your child is always safe. Creation Crate provides a more focused experience that could foster an early interest in the STEM fields.
These three monthly subscription box alternatives will allow your child to have a constant supply of toys and activities for his or her enjoyment.
When compared to the generalized play focus of Bluum Boxes, these toys are designed to give a more targeted, specific experience. If you think Bluum Box is not for you, give these other options a try.
- You receive a fresh supply of toys and other fun children’s items every month
- The curated contents of each box are responsibly sourced, organic, and chemical-free (think Melissa & Doug vs cheap plastic)
- Emailed preview at the start of the month helps build excitement and expectations for what is to come
- Toys and other items are carefully and expertly selected by the child’s age
- As a long-term subscription box provider, Bluum is a proven brand with solid experience
- Get exposure to new brands you may not have considered otherwise
- Only ship within the U.S.
- Toys and learning materials tend to be for very young ages (think a board book instead of something to read)
- Limited spaces and only open the monthly subscription service occasionally
As a subscription service, Bluum will handpick only the best items for your child, so prepare to be amazed at what they will send you every month.
Like all subscription boxes, Bluum does all of the extensive research and effort for finding and sourcing the toys for your child, saving you time and stress.
They do it all for you—all that’s left for you to do is look forward every month to another great box and joyful experience with your child as you unbox Bluum.
Your child will wait with growing excitement and anticipation for their Bluum box each month, and you will feel like a great parent as you watch them open it because you’ll know for sure that you made the right choice.