If you thought vegan or non-GMO treats tasty were a myth, UrthBox is more than happy to prove you wrong with their unique selection of healthy yet delicious snacks—and we aren’t talking about bits of crudité or celery.
Table of Contents
How Does UrthBox Work?
With this subscription, you’ll get non-GMO, organic, healthy snacks and beverages.
Hearing such a description, you are probably expecting these snacks to be unexciting and flavorless.
UrthBox changes that mindset by delivering quality snacks that prove satisfying your munchies can be a healthy and scrumptious affair.
Urthbox is a snack box subscription service that specializes in the monthly delivery of a box packed with healthy new snacks that don’t compromise on yumminess.
The contents of each package is tested and verified to be completely organic and suitable for vegans or individuals on a gluten-free diet.
When signing up for Urthbox’s delivery service, you can pick from any of the company’s four snack box sizes.
You also get to decide the type of contents in each box by selecting either of these packages:
- The Classic
- The Diet
- The Gluten-Free, or
- The Vegan
Regardless of which you choose, you’ll get an appetizing collection of healthy snacks and beverages delivered to your doorstep once a month.
Placing an order for your UrthBox is easy, especially since the company saves you the trouble of having to curate the snacks yourself. Select a box that best suits your needs, and UrthBox makes sure it comes loaded with the best new healthy snacks.
To match your budget or dietary goals, you can also select the length of your subscription.
For instance, you can opt for a one-month, three-month, or six-month subscription. In each month’s delivery, you’ll experience up to 30 different full-sized products, each with a unique flavor and health benefit.
You also get to earn loyalty points on each purchase, which can be redeemed at the UrthBox Shop, and, in the unlikely event you become tired of your subscription, you can cancel it at any time without hassle.
Types of Snacks Available
UrthBox’s snacks and treats are sourced from reliable providers.
In each box, you’ll typically find ready-to-eat snacks. Now and then, UrthBox mixes things up by adding extras such as personal care products, beverages, and so on.
Each box’s content may be all organic and non-GMO, but this doesn’t mean that UrthBox’s snacks are exclusively vegan.
For example, if you opt for the Classic Box, you’ll get various snacks with no dietary restrictions.
The Diet Box is similar to the classic, but its snack collection is more focused on foods with minimal calorie, carbohydrate, and fat content, for people looking to lose weight.
The Gluten-Free Box contains treats that are 100% Gluten-Free, while the Vegan Box, as you probably expect, is 100% Vegan.
They use no animal products to prepare any of the snacks in this box.
Depending on the box you choose, your package may contain the following types of snacks and beverages:
- Juice and Cleanses
- Dried Meats
- Snack Bars
- Super Foods
- Nuts and Seeds
- Trail Mix
- Dried Fruits and Vegetables
- Sweets and Chocolates
- New Age Beverages
Sadly, UrthBox does not give you the option to customize the contents of your box.
This means you get whatever the company delivers. Fortunately, there is a hassle-free return policy that promises a full refund if you are dissatisfied with the box delivered to you.
There’s also the option to skip the box and buy the individual treats you like from UrthBox’s online store.
The prices of UrthBox’s subscription service varies from package to package.
Below are some of the company’s prices:
- The Mini Box contains 6+ snacks – costs $19.99 per month and $12.99 per six months
- The Small Box contains 12+ snacks – costs $29.99 per month and $19.99 per six months
- The Medium Box contains 18+ snacks – costs $39.99 per month and $29.99 per six months
- The Large Box contains 25+ snacks – costs $49.99 per month and $39.99 per six months
- The Office Box contains 100+ snacks – costs $49.99
As you can see, the longer the subscription period you opt for, the better the deal you get.
UrthBox was founded by Ben Behrouzi in 2013. The company is located in San Francisco, California, United States and has witnessed growing popularity since its establishment—and it’s all thanks to the unique and enticing selection of non-GMO foods in its snack box.
The company has been featured in publications such as Forbes, Tech Crunch, Daily Candy, and Refinery 29.
For now, UrthBox’s services are available only in the United States and Canada, but the company hopes to expand its reach to other nations soon.
- The Keto Box: Don’t want to ruin your keto diet? Get your tasty keto snacks from the Keto Box.
- Universal Yums: This is where you go for a box of the best treats that specific countries have to offer.
- Tasterie: This is a snack subscription service that specializes in the delivery of quality snacks that are verified to be organic and allergen-free.
Below are some of the things we love the most about UrthBox’s snack box subscription service:
- A super healthy selection of snacks that taste good
- Chance to earn big loyalty points with each purchase – These loyalty points are redeemable at UrthBox’s online store
- A hassle-free Return Policy
- Satisfactory variety of snacks in each box
- Deliveries within the US are free
- User-friendly website and convenient ordering process
There are also aspects of the company where we’d like to see some improvement, such as:
- A low quantity of food – Most of the individual snacks in the box are small
- Shipping is done only once a month, which means any orders made after a month’s shipping window has passed won’t be shipped until the following month
- For now, UrthBox only makes deliveries to the US and Canada – Deliveries to Canada attract an extra charge
Whether you like to experiment with food or are simply in need of healthy snacks for when you’ve got the munchies, UrthBox’s selection of treats might be what you need.
The company’s box of goodies is also a great option if you’ve got a friend or family who’ll appreciate a box of healthy yet tasty treats as a gift.