Is your local store’s collection of snacks not up to par with your varied tastes?
If this is you, it’s time to try Universal Yums’ snack box subscription service. Get the variety you crave with a subscription that delivers it to you from all over the world.
Table of Contents
How Does Universal Yums Work?
Universal Yums is a snack subscription service that is eager to send you a monthly package full of treats sourced from its featured country of the month.
Each box of goodies from Universal Yums contains delectable treats from the month’s featured country. There’s also a booklet containing tidbits about the country the snacks are from and a detailed ingredient list.
If you are wondering how to sign up for this exciting, tasty, and educational experience, the good news is that it’s very easy.
Sign up for the subscription period of your choice:
- 1 month
- 3 months
- 6 months, or
For every month you’re subscribed, they will deliver a box full of foreign confectioneries to your doorstep.
The date of your first delivery is stated during the sign-up process.
Subsequent deliveries will ship on the 15th of every month.
And, unlike most other snack subscription services, Universal Yums gives you the ability to track your order once your box ships out.
In the unlikely event that you’d like to cancel your subscription, Universal Yums makes opting out hassle-free.
Unfortunately, Universal Yums only ships to the US, the UK, Canada, and Israel for now.
This means that having one of Universal Yums’ delectable snack boxes delivered as a gift is limited to only a few countries, which is odd considering the number of countries from which they source their snacks.
Types of Snacks Available
Each box’s contents change each month to highlight the culinary uniqueness of the featured country for that month.
For instance, if the featured country is Japan, you can expect a variety of salty, sweet, spicy, fruity, and nutty treats from the Land of the Rising Sun.
If the featured country is the Netherlands, then you can expect your box to contain a variety of the chocolaty wonders that country is known for.
Universal Yums only packs and delivers authentic snacks and candies from the country in focus. The guidebook that comes with your box will explain why the delightful treats in your box were chosen, so you can learn something about what makes that snack unique.
In Universal Yums’ German snack box, some of our favorite treats were the Lorenz Curly Classic Peanut Butter Puffs, the Zitrone Waffeln Wafer Cookies, the Himbeer Creme Schokolade Dark Chocolate with Raspberry Cream, and the Gewurz Mandeln Chocolate-Coated Almonds. No two goodies were the same, which made the entire box a great investment.
In each box, you’ll also find a detailed list of ingredients for each snack.
This is very useful for people with food allergies or sensitivities, especially if the snack’s packaging isn’t in English.
They’ll have all the information they need about whether or not the snack is safe for their consumption.
Depending on your budget or your appetite, you can choose from the Yum Box, the Yum Yum Box, and the Super Yum Box.
As their names imply, each box varies in size, with the Super Yum Box being the largest.
- The Yum Box contains about six snacks and costs $14 a month
- The Yum Yum Box contains about 12 snacks and costs $25 a month
- While the Super Yum Box costs about $39 a month
All of Universal Yums’ deliveries to the US are free.
Universal Yums was born from Monique Bernstein and Eli Zauner’s love of travel.
The couple put together all their savings of $4,000 in 2014 to start the snack box delivery service that would curate the best snacks a country has to offer and deliver them directly to the doorstep of clients.
The company is currently headquartered in Parsippany, New Jersey, USA.
Universal Yums does all the hard work involved with selecting and sourcing the best goodies, while you get to enjoy the sweetest part of the deal – making the contents of the snack box disappear.
Universal Yums is popular in the snack box industry not just for the quality of their box’s content, but also the fun facts about the featured country and each snack that’s added to the box.
- Danas Bakery: When foodies want French Macarons and other colorful treats, all in one box, they subscribe to Danas Bakery.
- German Food Box: If you are a fan of German pastries and other cuisines, sign up with German Food Box to have fresh treats delivered to your home.
- Tasterie: For those with food allergies and intolerances, Tasterie is where to get 100% allergen-free treats that don’t compromise on taste.
Below are noteworthy features that we love about Universal Yums’ snack box subscription service:
- Wide variety of snacks from the featured country – each one is a unique experience
- Different box sizes to choose from to match your wallet and appetite
- Interesting tidbits about the origin country of the treats
- They deliver each package in a sealed box that keeps the contents fresh
- You can cancel your subscription with ease whenever you like
- You can track your order
Of course, there are also things about Universal Yums that we’d like them to improve on, such as:
- Shipping is only on the 15th of every month, which means any orders made after the 15th won’t ship till the following month
- If you aren’t an adventurous eater, you may find some of the snacks a bit strange – This is more a pro than a con if you are more adventurous
- Can’t customize what’s in the box
- Ships only to the US, the UK, Canada, and Israel
- The box’s contents are a bit smaller than that of competing snack box subscription services at the same price
If you want a snack box subscription service that’ll deliver a box of tasty treats with no two goodies being the same, you should consider signing up with Universal Yums.
It’s a great opportunity to taste unique treats from various countries without having to leave your home.