If you have a sweet tooth, nothing would be better than receiving a regular delivery of chocolate in your mailbox.
That’s where Fine Chocolate Club excels.
Fine Chocolate Club is a subscription-based gourmet chocolate delivery service.
Each month they deliver a package with 5 bars from premier chocolate makers around the world. Read on to find what more this club has to offer.
How Does Fine Chocolate Club Work?
Every month, Fine Chocolate Club curates a unique chocolate box to provide its customers with a variety of tastes and benefits.
To enjoy this service, you’ll need to sign up by purchasing your first monthly package.
Once you subscribe, you will receive a confirmation email; then all you’ll need to do is wait for your box of the finest chocolate bars from across the globe.
Fine Chocolate Club offers chocolate bars from some of the world’s most respected manufacturers, like Amano, LetterPress, and Dick Taylor.
The company delivers your box right to your doorstep by the 27th of every month using standard delivery services such as USPS and FedEx.
If you feel dissatisfied with any aspect of this service, you can cancel your membership by sending the company an email with the subject line “Cancel.”
You are advised to cancel your membership before the 5th to avoid unnecessary future charges, however.
Types of Snacks Available
Here’s a look at some of the chocolates you may receive in your next monthly box:
- Dick Taylor Chocolate 72% Brown Butter with Nibs and Salt – A case of this Dick Taylor Chocolate gives you 12 bars. It is made with a Northerner Blend, sprinkled with sea salt and roasted cacao nibs, and the brown butter is a product of Humboldt Creamery.
- Dick Taylor Chocolate 72% Belize – Made with premium cacao from the Toledo District in southern Belize, this chocolate bar is wonderfully crafted and is rich in floral and dried fruit notes.
- Dick Taylor Chocolate 73% Northerner – One case of this product gives you 12 Dick Taylor 73% Northerner Chocolate Bars. It is a well-balanced chocolate bar with Brazilian and Madagascan cacao.
- Amano Artisan Chocolate 70% Cuyagua – A case of this Amano Artisan Chocolate contains 12 bars. Boasting a variety of tasting notes including rich chocolate, melon, apricot, and exotic spices, this product got a Bronze medal at the 2015 Academy of Chocolate Awards and received a Silver medal in 2016.
- Dick Taylor Chocolate 74% Fleur de Sel – You also get 12 bars in one case of this product that delightfully blends the flavors of dark chocolate and sea salt.
- LetterPress Ecuador Costa Esmeraldas 70% Dark Chocolate Cased Bars – Boasting a range of nutty and floral ingredients, including cacao, organic cocoa butter, and unrefined organic sugar, this product won the 2017 Good Food Awards.
- Fresco Chocolate Limited Edition 100% Oko-Caribe – In one case, you get 12 of these Limited Edition Oko-Caribe chocolate bars, which must be tasted to be believed.
- SOMA CSB Chama Venezuela 70% Dark Chocolate – This bar is made from a small quantity of very limited cacao beans; it is composed of a significant percentage of ivory colored beans, giving the end product its signature light color, with a rich, herbaceous Tasting notes include coffee, macadamia nut, buttermilk, orange blossom, nectarines, malt, and raisins. One case gives you 12 dark SOMA chocolate bars.
Other common types of chocolate that customers have received in their boxes include Dick Taylor Chocolate Black Fig Chocolate Bars and LetterPress Chocolate Ghana Ashanti 70% Chocolate Bars.
Fine Chocolate Club has a simple subscription scheme: You pay $59.99 monthly to receive your five premium chocolate bars every month.
Fine Chocolate Club is barely a year old in the industry, but its effects are already being felt around the world.
It was launched in November 2018 at the North West Chocolate Festival in Seattle, the United States’ most prestigious chocolate event.
The company doesn’t manufacture their chocolate but sources them from some of the world’s premier chocolate makers.
According to Fine Chocolate Club, they work with chocolate manufacturers who follow direct trade practices and utilize only the best cacaos in the world. To ensure quality, they pay the best prices to the farmers they work with.
In the spirit of delivering the best products to their customers, Fine Chocolate Club send their experts to trade shows and various countries around the world to explore the best chocolate.
This way, they are sure to bring their customers fresh, award-winning, artisanal-crafted or specialty-name bars every month.
However, the products offered by Fine Chocolate Club are normally more expensive compared to their competitors because they only offer premium quality chocolates.
Also worthy of note is that the company is expecting to become a Certified B-Corp, thanks to the social impact they are looking to have on the cacao farmers they are working with across the globe.
If Fine Chocolate Club doesn’t meet your needs, there are several other alternatives you can try including the following three:
- German Food Box – One of the frontrunners in the German monthly gift subscription market, German Food Box is committed to delivering the finest foods from Germany straight to your doorstep on a monthly basis.
- InstaCandy – Founded by Ben Behrouzi, InstaCandy is a premier subscription service for candy and confections. It delivers delightful products to customers each month.
- MunchPak – Founded in 2013 by Andrew Hawel and Michael Beletz after identifying a gap in the subscription box market, MunchPak delivers a variety of snacks from different regions to their customers’ doorsteps on a weekly, bi-weekly, and monthly basis. They are headquartered in Glendale, Arizona, and ship worldwide.
Here are some advantages and disadvantages of Fine Chocolate Club.
- Wide variety of premium chocolates
- User-friendly website
- Fast shipping
- A bit pricier than competitors
- Only one subscription plan
- You don’t get to choose the contents of your box
Fine Chocolate Club offers a wide selection of the world’s finest chocolate.
Despite only having one subscription plan, and the fact that you cannot choose the products, you can be confident that you’ll never receive lower quality chocolates from this upscale service.