Rastelli’s is a global meat joint that offers a wide range of meats to customers throughout the U.S. It allows you to order your favorites online – a significant advantage to bulk buyers and budget-conscious families.
The company started as a beef-provisions center but later expanded its collection to include poultry and seafood.
In this day and age, families have a lot of expenses, and busy parents are always on the lookout for good deals.
They often buy their food in bulk to avoid paying elevated retail prices. With this in mind, Rastelli’s business model helps families stay within their budgets while still getting high-quality, nutritious meats.
Table of Contents
How Does Rastelli’s Work?
Rastelli’s offers several subscription plans that include a collection of various meats, and you can easily change to a different plan or cancel. You can choose from 2-3 subscriptions, per your preference.
When ordering from Rastelli’s, you are encouraged to subscribe to a meat plan rather than placing one-off orders.
Subscription is advantageous, as it garners you a 10% discount. You can even pep up your order by adding the spices of your choice. This unique strategy ensures that you get maximum value for your money.
When you place an order from Rastelli’s, the company prepares the meat according to your specifications.
It then butchers your meat to size and makes it easier for you to cook by trimming off excess fat and silver skin.
Rastelli’s packages your meat using certified materials before shipping it to your door.
The company uses refrigeration to retain freshness in transit.
Orders go out on Tuesdays. Rastelli’s will follow up with you to ensure you know when your order is due to arrive.
Types of Meats and Pricing
Rastelli’s has a wide variety of meats plans, including:
- If you’re a steak lover, you can place a tasty order and get it shipped to you directly.
- The plan goes for between $220 and $225, based on your preferences.
- Rastelli’s offers two plans under this category, the Antibiotic-free Black Angus Plan and the more expensive Organic Steak Plan.
Salmon and Shrimp Plan
- For as little as $129 a month, you can get your fill of salmon and shrimp.
Salmon and Steak Plan
- This plan includes a Black Angus Steak and a Salmon and Organic Steak option.
- You can choose either of the two, with costs ranging from $169 to $185.
Chicken and Shrimp Plan
- This combo goes for just $109.
- You can also apply add-ons, such as groceries and spices, at discounted prices.
Faroe Islands Salmon Plan
- For fresh salmon from the Faroe Islands, you can order this plan for just $115.
- The cost of a burger box is $89, so you can serve up ever-popular hamburger dishes for your family.
Chicken and Beef Plan
- This plan allows you to choose from two options– a Chicken and Antibiotic-Free Black Angus Beef Plan or a Chicken and Organic Beef Plan.
- The plan prices range from $99 to $111.
Chicken and Steak Plan
- This offer includes a Chicken and Antibiotic-Free Black Angus Steak Plan and a Chicken and Organic Steak Plan.
- The cost ranges from $109 to $122.
Chicken and Salmon Plan
- You can order a hearty chicken and salmon combo for just $109.
Salmon and Beef Plan
- This plan includes the Salmon and Antibiotic-Free Black Angus Beef and the Salmon and Organic Beef options.
- The plan runs from $109 to $122.
USDA Prime Steak Plan
- The USDA Plan goes for $359 and comes with add-ons, per your preferences.
Shrimp and Tuna Plan
- This plan goes for $115, and the order is released every Tuesday.
Salmon and Tuna Plan
- This plan goes for $125, and you can place an order with an option for add-ons that meet your needs.
Rastelli’s is a family-owned company founded in 1976 by Ray Rastelli, an Italian butcher from New Jersey.
Initially, Rastelli operated the butchery with his wife and supplied the local area with high-quality meats.
As business picked up, he partnered with his brother, Tony. The two subsequently opened eight shops and now provide a wide range of meats to both retail and wholesale customers.
In the 1990s, Rastelli’s began distributing meat nationwide. That expansion strengthened Rastelli’s bond with its customers and enabled the company to hone in on its customers’ specific needs.
At the dawn of the 21st century, Rastelli’s went global, increasing demand for its products and allowing it to tap into new opportunities, including seafood and poultry.
Rastelli’s has established a sophisticated facility in New Jersey, housing the primary production and distribution center for its products. It partners with other powerhouse distributors, including QVC, Tony Luke’s, and Pureland America Beef, to ensure that its customers get high-quality meat.
The Rastelli family’s greatest inspiration is “the love for great food.”
Some good alternatives to Rastelli’s include:
- Porter Road is a monthly subscription meat service that delivers pasture-fed meats, poultry, and sustainable seafood to your door. It emphasizes quality service with an online ordering platform.
- Snake River Farms is a family-owned operation that provides some of the finest beef and pork cuts available. It offers significant discounts and fast delivery to customers.
- Carnivore Club – Carnivore Club is a Canadian business that delivers premium cured-meat varieties, ranging from Italian Salami to South African Biltong, Spanish Chorizo, and more.
- Rastelli’s offers antibiotic-free, high-quality meat to its customers.
- The company has a fast delivery system.
- S. customers can order meat from any part of the world.
- The company only delivers meat on one day of the week, which is a significant inconvenience if you need a quick supply.
- People have reported poor communication between Rastelli’s and its customers, with the company taking quite some time to reply to customer complaints.
The quality at Rastelli’s speaks for itself.
The meats are antibiotic-free and healthy for your entire family. Given its global operations, Rastelli’s delivery is quite efficient, and its meats come vacuum-packed and ready for long-term storage.
Rastelli’s is a busy parent’s dream. Why spend a penny more in the supermarket when you can get your meat online and delivered to your door?
If it’s affordability, high-quality, and convenience you’re after, Rastelli’s is the place to shop for your meats and seafood.