The farm-to-fork concept is enjoying increasing popularity in the U.S. because consumers like you want to know the origin of their food.
Many countries have attractive production standards, but it isn’t as practical as it used to import food and grow your carbon footprint.
What’s more, a growing number of people argue that local farms are completely capable of producing excellent meats, grains, and vegetables to feed the U.S. population.
If you want organic, free-range, and regional foods on your table, Greensbury is here for you. It provides grass-fed beef and game, free-range poultry, and sustainable seafood for discerning consumers.
We applied our test standards to see if Greensbury cuts the mustard, especially for the knowledgeable “foodie” who demands quality, nutritious food.
We looked at the quality of the company’s meats, delivery efficiency, and affordability.
How Does Greensbury Work?
Greensbury selects its products from the best organic farms, ranches, and fisheries in the U.S.
It prepares the meat for you by butchering and flash-freezing it into vacuum-sealed packages, then delivers it to your door.
You can choose from a range of meats, seafood, and poultry options. Greensbury also has product specials, Greensbury Packs, and budget-friendly family packs that can help you save money and still meet your family’s nutritional needs.
Greensbury has a smooth, online ordering process in place.
You don’t have to subscribe to shop— you can place a one-off order or choose to be an ongoing customer.
If you prefer regular deliveries, create a customized subscription by clicking on your family’s favorite products and selecting your preferred schedule – weekly, monthly, or quarterly.
Satisfaction guarantees are also in place. You can request redelivery, exchange, or a credit note if your original delivery is not up to par.
Types of Meats Available
Greensbury offers an impressive range of meats, featuring poultry, beef, game, lamb, and pork cuts, as well as beef bones. Its seafood selection is also quite impressive.
All told, you’ll choose from 50 different items, with no minimum order, including:
- Beef and Bison – filet mignon, New York strip, flank steak, skirt steak, chuck, prime rib, ribeye, tenderloin, top sirloin, beef fajita hot dogs, burgers, and beef-broth bones
- Pork – pork loin, pork chops, baby back ribs, ground pork, applewood smoked bacon, and breakfast sausages
- Lamb – lamb loin, lamb chops, leg of lamb, and ground lamb
- Seafood – wild and Atlantic salmon, wild-caught cod, yellowfin tuna, halibut, wild-caught shrimp, lobster tails, and wild-caught scallops
All meats come hand-trimmed and frozen, following the highest quality-control standards to ensure there is no freezer burn and the meat can last up to a year in your freezer.
Meats catering to individuals come in reasonable 1 to 2-pound packages, and the special Greensbury or family packs range from 12 servings to 25 pounds of meat, fish, and bones.
Organic-beef prices range from $16.49 for beef fajita to $74.99 for 2 pounds of filet mignon.
Lamb and Pork
- Organic lamb and pork start at $9.99 for apple-smoked bacon and $36.99 for 2.5 pounds of pork loin
- The lamb and pork are antibiotic-free and cost between $14.99 for 32 ounces of breakfast sausage and $79.99 for 24 ounces of lamb chops
- Organic poultry starts at $9.99, with antibiotic-free chicken costing $7.99 for 12 ounces of chicken breasts
- A whole, organic 14-pound turkey typically costs $99.99
- The antibiotic-free and growth-hormone-free poultry items are generally cheaper than the organic options.
- Bison is novel meat, classified as game
- You can expect to pay $37.99 for 2 pounds of grass-fed bison
- 12 ounces of bison filet mignon goes for $48.99
- Fish items rarely cost more than $20
- Scallops cost $25.99 per pound
- Lobster tails cost $49.99 for 16 ounces
If you’re feeding a large family, you can save with Greensbury’s value packs.
These options cost between $100 and $150. It is important to note that these prices are fluid, as the company offers frequent discounts, so it’s vital to keep checking the website for updates.
You can also save with subscriptions that net 5 percent discounts on all orders.
Shipping costs depend on your location. Ground shipping charges are $9.95 for orders $35 or more. Orders $34.99 or less are $19.95.
Three-day air-shipping fees range from $19.95 to $49.95, depending on the total value of your order. Generally, the more you order, the less you pay for shipping.
Greensbury entered the organic-food delivery market in 2007. It offers only humanely raised, grass-fed meat and sustainable seafood.
The company operates out of New York. It has gained popularity, especially among consumers who care about the origins of their food.
Greensbury sources its meats from small farmers who are focused on animal welfare and ensures that their meat contains no stimulants, antibiotics, or synthetic growth hormones.
- ButcherBox is a monthly meat delivery service that offers grass-fed beef, organic poultry, and heritage pork.
- Carnivore Club is a monthly Canadian cured-meats club that delivers hand-selected artisanal meats to your door.
- Goldbelly is an artisanal online gourmet service that delivers not only meats and seafood but also desserts, baked goods, deli items, sweets, and prepared appetizers.
- Organic, grass-fed, and antibiotic-free meat
- Carefully selected beef, poultry, lamb, and pork cuts
- High-quality, sustainable seafood
- No minimum order, with a 5 percent discount for subscribers
- Healthy organic meats and seafood, free of antibiotics, stimulants, and growth hormones
- Excellent value for your money
- Shipping is not free, and air shipping can be quite costly
- Limited selection on some products, namely duck, bison, and lamb
Greensbury lived up to our expectations. What we eat matters, and this company’s meat was of good quality, tender, and delivered a superior taste.
You’ll be familiar with Greensbury’s selection of meats. Some product lines could use a more extensive selection online.
For example, we found only a sparse offering of duck, lamb, and bison. Another limitation is the shipping fee. It can be quite expensive, especially if air-shipping is your only option.
If you care what your family eats and insist on organic and free-range, antibiotic-free meats, opt for Greensbury. You won’t want to shop for your meats and seafood in a supermarket again.