Would you like to have some of the finest cured meats in the world delivered right to your doorstep? Then you might want to sign up with Carnivore Club. Carnivore Club will look for the best-cured meats and bring them to you, saving you the stress of having to hunt for the meats yourself. Read on learn more about this club.
Table of Contents
How Does Carnivore Club Work?
Carnivore Club is a subscription-based meat delivery club specializing in cured meats. Each month, the club works with a different artisan to develop a themed box that includes 4-6 premium cured meats for your enjoyment.
You can order a snack box that carries anything from jerky to meat sticks or a classic box that comes with handcrafted bacon, pepperoni, soppressata, salamis, and more. To be able to make an order at Carnivore Club, however, you need to first register by creating an account.
During the registration process, you’ll choose the box that you want and how often you want it to be delivered. You can also upgrade to a more elaborate wooden box for an additional $30 whenever you like. Any orders placed will be shipped during the first week of the following month. For example, if you make an order any time in July, Carnivore Club will ship the order in the first week of August. When you sign up for a membership, you will be locked into a three-month commitment. If you don’t like the service, though, you can cancel your membership at any time after the commitment period.
Additionally, once you’ve received three boxes, you are allowed to change the frequency of your shipments. You can choose to have your orders shipped monthly, bi-monthly, or every three months. And if you don’t like the idea of committing to a three-month subscription, you can opt for a gift option, or choose the one-month membership at a decreased cost. You’ll be billed once you make the first purchase and then at mid-month for subsequent deliveries.
After creating a Carnivore Club account, you will be able to:
- Review and edit billing and shipping details
- Manage account settings, subscriptions, and refer friends
- View previous orders
- Manage newsletter subscriptions
Types of Meals Available
Every month, Carnivore Club supplies its customers with a branded box containing 4-6 handcrafted, cured meats from leading artisans. Each box is themed around one artisan specializing in a specific type of cured meats. These meats include:
- Italian Salami
- French Charcuterie
- South African Biltong
- Spanish Chorizo
These are just a few examples of the wide variety of meats available at Carnivore Club. Each box normally contains 20 – 32 ounces of meat.
Carnivore Club Pricing
Carnivore offers two levels of membership, so you can choose one that suits your needs and budget.
- The Snack Box – This is the smaller of the two subscription options. If you are typically always on the go, then Snack Box would be an ideal option for you. It comes with artisan jerky and pepperettes, which can be eaten anywhere.
This package costs $30 and an additional $10 for shipping for a one-time order. If you opt for the subscription service, however, the package will be cheaper at $24 plus the shipping cost.
- The Classic Box – If you want to receive 4 – 6 premium cured meats, the Classic Box is the option for you. It will cost you $45 for a one-time order plus $10 shipping. If you sign up for the monthly delivery, you’ll pay only $39 for a box with 20 – 32 ounces of meat plus shipping.
You also have the option to upgrade your box to a wooden crate that you can keep; you’ll need to pay an extra $30 for the wooden box.
Carnivore Club History
Carnivore Club is a subscription-based, cured meat delivery service. Headquartered in Ontario, Canada, the company was founded in 2012 by Tim Ray and Matthew Cloutier. According to the website, Carnivore Club is the first subscription service in the world that delivers premium cured meats to customers’ doorsteps.
The company ships to all 50 U.S. states and Armed Forces locations, all of the Canadian provinces, all Australian states, as well as every region in the European Union. They specialize in handcrafted, local meats, and prefer working with artisans who purchase animals that have been raised ethically. Moreover, they only work with artisans who employ humane slaughtering methods and use locally sourced ingredients.
According to the Carnivore Club, the meat boxes typically have a shelf life of up to 3 months, and you are advised to store the meats in the refrigerator. You can, however, store the meats at room temperature for at least one month, since they are cured and sealed.
Carnivore Club Alternatives
If Carnivore Club doesn’t appeal to you, there are also the following alternatives:
- Grill Masters Club – Founded by Kevin Early, Grill Masters Club is a BBQ subscription box committed to delivering the best quality barbecue products right to your doorstep.
- Vital Choice – Founded by Randy Hartnell in 2000, Vital Choice is a premier home delivery service for some of the world’s best seafood and organic fare, harvested from well-managed farms and wild fisheries.
- Butcher Box – Founded by Michael Salguero in 2015, Butcher Box is a monthly subscription service that delivers 100% grass-fed beef and other high-quality, freshly-butchered meat products right to your doorstep. The company is headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, and ships across the United States.
Carnivore Club Pros and Cons
Let’s explore some of the advantages and disadvantages of the Carnivore Club:
- Premium handcrafted meats
- Each box features a different local artisan
- Meat can be eaten right out of the box
- One-time purchases allowed
- You can easily send gifts to others
- Expansive delivery reach
- You can suspend or cancel membership
- Can’t choose what meats go in your box
- Website is quite complex to navigate
- Only monthly orders allowed
- 3-month commitment before canceling or rescheduling delivery
Carnivore Club is a unique meat delivery club that specializes in artisan-cured local meats that are perfect for right-out-of-the-box snacking, or elegant and creative gifts. Their delivery area is second-to-none, despite membership restrictions, this service is definitely worthy of consideration.