Being on a plant-based diet usually means that you will have to prepare your own meals, for the most part, to maintain your healthy eating habits.
You’d probably imagine it would be difficult to track down a dedicated meal delivery service that can suit this particular need.
However, Veestro is an exciting twist to this narrative…and if you read on below, you’ll soon know how.
How Does Veestro work?
Veestro is a California-based vegan meal delivery company. This company was established by vegans for vegans and lives up to its claims with a vast selection of carefully-selected vegan meals.
To get started on Veestro all that you need is an internet connection.
Go to their site and pick your plan from any of the three available. Once you understand what each plan is all about have found the right fit for you, you can then move on by clicking the ‘Get started’ button.
This action will lead you to a page where you will see the different delivery options available under each plan.
Select the right amount of deliveries that you want and the frequency. Once you have this set up and reviewed the pricing, proceed to check out—enter the necessary information to make the payment.
You will then have to enter your physical address (no P.O. boxes), and the delivery will be promptly dispatched.
Depending on your location, your delivery will take anywhere between one and four days to reach you. Once you have received your delivery, it’s time to dive in and start enjoying the fabulous meal that has been prepared with your health in mind.
Veestro allows its clients to make cancellations and to skip weeks, but this information needs to be communicated beforehand.
For cancellations, you will need to notify them at least seven days before your next delivery; failure to do this will mean that you get a delivery that most probably will not use, and you will get charged for it all the same.
Types of Meals Available
Being a vegan-focused service, you obviously will find no meat products on the menu at Veestro.
In addition to being vegan, the company also puts particular emphasis on having the right balance of all the essential nutrients.
If you are interested in high-protein products, then there is an option for you as well on Veestro. Veestro also only sources farm-fresh organic products that have been labeled as non-GMO.
However, the unfortunate thing is that depending on the distance you may be from the company, it can be hard getting these meals delivered to you at the appropriate temperature. However, Veestro puts much effort into the right packaging that helps preserve the meals for you.
Quick preparation is a priority as well, and you will be able to serve your meals in less than five minutes after they have been delivered to your doorstep.
In addition to the meals being vegan, Veestro also puts gluten-free clients in a top-priority position for menu options.
This is especially important for customers that may have allergies that prevent them from consuming gluten.
Veestro has three plans available on its website:
- A La Cartè –This plan allows you to hand-pick the ingredients that you would like to be included in the final product to be delivered to you. This plan requires that you know ahead of time what you want to make.
- Chef’s Choice – This plan is most suited to new Veestro users or anyone that would like to eat a meal that has been hand-picked by a professional chef. This plan lists the chefs’ daily top picks for you to choose from.
- Weight Loss – As its name suggests, this plan is meant to help you out with any weight issues that you might be having. It offers you a wide variety of meals that help you control your intake of calories with a daily maximum of 1,200 calories.
Typically, the pricing on Veestro starts at $117 for the most basic plan of 10 meals for two people.
These prices increase with each tweaking of the preferences and number of deliveries to be made. One has the option to choose between ten, twenty, and thirty meals.
The servings can be for two, four, or six people, and the deliveries can be made weekly or every other week.
This, however, changes for the Weight Loss package, in which there is a five- and seven-day plan.
Veestro, like most other meal delivery companies, has not been in the industry for long.
They were formed in 2012 with an aim to create healthy recipes for vegans. The company was among the very first vegan food delivery companies.
The success that it has experienced since its founding has made it one of the top meal kit options.
- Purple Carrot is a vegan ingredient delivery company that was founded in 2014.
- Daily Harvest is a farm-fresh meal delivery company that delivers 98% organic meals.
- Marley Spoon is a flexible meal delivery subscription service that delivers different meal recipes to your doorstep each week.
- Vegan – This company was built by vegans to serve other vegans.
- Weight loss plan – When eating for weight loss, Veestro’s Weight Loss Plan can help
- Recyclable packaging – Veestro stays true to its quest to ensure we live in a safe, sustainable environment, and all their packaging material is 100% recyclable.
- Pricey – Veestro is a bit pricey, as its plans start at $117 a week.
- No fresh pickup – Veestro does not have a central location that allows you to pick up your orders while fresh.
Veestro Review Final Thoughts
Veestro is a perfect fit for vegans that are looking to eat healthily but are not interested in cooking.
Additionally, this service is a great fit for anyone looking for a sustainable weight loss eating plan.