Having the option of getting ready-made, nutritious meals without lifting a finger is an idea that many of us would jump on without a second thought.
This concept could be a real blessing, especially for people that work late and can’t find time to prepare wholesome meals themselves—and that’s where subscription-based meal services come in.
This review of Freshly—one such service—will shed some light on what this particular meal delivery service is all about.
How Does Freshly Work?
Freshly delivers fresh, chef-prepared meals to your doorstep a couple of times a week, depending on your preference and the plan that you choose. To get started on this service, you will need to register first.
To do so, simply go online to Freshly’s website and clicking on the green “register” button on the top right corner of the homepage.
This action will lead you to another page where you will be required to fill in your full mailing address; this information is necessary, as this is a doorstep delivery service.
Once you have completed that section, you will be asked to fill in your personal details, which will create your preference profile on the site.
Additionally, you will be asked for more information that can help in verifying your location and your identity. Then you are ready to begin selecting your meals from the available meals on the menu.
Once you have chosen your meals, you can then proceed to checkout.
You can expect your deliveries to begin one week later; this arrangement will continue until you instruct Freshly to stop delivering the meals.
One of the major advantages of using Freshly is that you can skip a week and then resume the following week, allowing for vacations and such.
This convenience allows for quite a bit of flexibility with your meal planning schedule.
Types of Meals Available
One of the most outstanding features of Freshly is that it has a surprising variety of delicious meals that you can choose from.
The menu changes weekly, without any compromise to the quality of the meals, and the options include both vegetarian and omnivore meals.
And best of all, with Freshly, you need not worry that you will be getting poorly made, unhealthy meals delivered to your doorstep. In my time using the service, I enjoyed the most sumptuous vegetarian meal I ever had—Korean-style veggie bibimbap with brown rice.
Believe me—I was pleasantly shocked that I could find something as yummy as this on a menu for a subscription meal delivery service.
And as beef is always my protein of choice, I also opted for the slow-cooked beef chili—which stole my tastebuds—and my heart—away.
One of the most appealing features about these meals is that a chef individually prepares each one of them. Many services such as this will claim they have a kitchen staff made of qualified chefs, only for you to find out that it was just a marketing gimmick.
This couldn’t be further from the truth with Freshly—the careful curation of the ingredients in the meals will demonstrate this.
Additionally, the meals can be warmed up and eaten in less than three minutes, and—trust me on this—you will not even notice that the food has been reheated in the microwave when you taste it.
Furthermore, neither will your guests…unless they see you receiving the delivery on your doorstep.
You would expect that such nutritious meals that have been handcrafted by chefs would cost an arm and a leg, but the price plans are relatively affordable for all.
Freshly has four meal plans that you can choose from depending on your budget and preference:
- Four meals a week = $11.50 per meal, plus $3.99 per delivery for shipping.
- Six meals a week = $8.99 per meal, plus $6.05 per delivery for shipping.
- Nine meals a week = $8.99 per meal, plus $9.08 per delivery for shipping.
- Twelve meals a week = $7.99 per meal, plus $12.11 per delivery for shipping.
Freshly allows you to skip meals for up to a week and have them carried over to the next week.
Additionally, you will get refunds for any meals that get delivered incorrectly or inappropriately if you had made earlier communication.
Freshly was founded in New York in 2013 by Michael Wystrach and Carter Comstock.
The company has since then grown to be a reputable, ready-food delivery company in the United States.
While a fantastic subscription food service, Freshly is not your only option. Here are a few more well regarded meal kit subscriptions we have found while in the course of our research:
- Sun Basket – This company delivers fresh, wholesome, and organic ingredients to its customers monthly and allows them to prepare their own meals.
- Farm Fresh To You – This California company delivers freshly-picked organic vegetables and fruits to your doorstep—right from the fields of their team of cooperative farms.
- Chef’s Plate – This meal delivery company prides itself in delivering ingredients and accompanying recipes that can be whipped up into delicious meals within 30 minutes.
- Customization – Freshly allows its customers to customize their menu plans and have their desired meals delivered right to their doorstep.
- Excellent customer service – Freshly has mastered the art of longevity in the service industry by offering fantastic customer service and attention to detail.
- Nutritious meals – This meticulous meal delivery service ensures its menus are prepared with the help of professional chefs and nutritionists.
- No free delivery – Unlike some other meal subscription services, Freshly charges for any deliveries that it makes to your doorstep.
Freshly Review Final Thoughts
Freshly is an excellent ready-meal delivery service.
Their use of expert chefs and culinary professionals in the preparation of your meals makes for a great meal every time.