Are you sick of trolling the produce section and coming up with limp lettuce and mushy mushrooms?
Farm Fresh to You vows to change your experience by delivering farm fresh fruit and veggies.
Does it deliver on its promises? In this review, we’ll go through what they offer and see for ourselves.
How Does Farm Fresh to You Work?
It’s simple enough.
Start by confirming your zip code, so that you know exactly when the company will deliver to your area.
Then it’s time to choose the box that you want.
Your choices are:
- Just fruit: This gives you a range of fresh fruit, all organic and in-season.
- A mix of fruit and veggies: Want some greens too? Then choose this mix. You’ll get a range of fruit and vegetables. Again, it’s seasonal produce; you can expect some veggies that need to be cooked, like potatoes and eggplants.
- A no cooking required box: Do you love eating raw vegetables? Then opt for this box. You’ll get some fruit and veggies. The upside is that you can eat everything as is.
- A snack pack: Fresh fruit that’s perfect for snacking.
- The traditional CSA box: This is all produce sourced on the company’s farm, or from one of its neighbors, so it has a minimal environmental impact.
- Veggie only: Maybe you don’t need or want fruit. Maybe you want veggies for juicing.
- Donate a Box: This allows you to donate a box of fresh produce to a family in need.
Next, you choose whether you want a “Regular” box with nine items or a “More” box with twelve items.
Then you can confirm your delivery schedule; this could be every week, every second week, or once a month, as you prefer.
All that’s left now is to pay.
Customizing Your Order
What’s interesting about this service is that you can make substitutions. You’ll receive an email confirming what’s in the box, and you can leave this as is, or opt to substitute some of the items.
You’re also given a chance to add some extras such as honey, eggs, olive oil, or dairy. In some instances, you may also be able to buy bottled goods or other items, like marmalade. And all of these extras are prepared on the farm.
You’re also allowed to create a “Never Send” list as well.
If you decide to cancel, that’s quickly done on the site.
Just make sure that it goes in more than two days before your next delivery is scheduled.
The delivery itself is what we thought best about the process; it’ll take place between 8 p.m. and 8 a.m. so that the produce is not being driven around during the hottest time of the day.
It’s also helpful to know that your box is there early on delivery day. With so many of these services, boxes arrive too late to be of any use that evening.
Types of Meals Available
Unlike most other meal subscription services, this company packs fruits and veggies, not meal kits.
You have a choice of fruit, vegetables, some farm-produced specialty items, or a combination of the three.
The Regular box costs $33 and contains nine items, while the More box costs $46 and contains twelve items.
If you opt to donate a box to a needy family, you have more choice in terms of size:
- Small box for $26: This box is perfect for one person.
- Regular box for $33: This box will feed two people comfortably.
- More box for $46: This box should be plenty to feed a small family with young children.
- Monster box for $58: This box will feed a larger family with older children.
The donations are all handled by local food banks to ensure that the boxes to those that need it most; all you need to do is to choose which size to send.
Keep in mind that every bit counts, so if you can only manage the Small box, you’re still doing a wonderful thing.
This is a family-owned and managed company.
The Barnes family saw the value of working organically back in 1976, and that’s when the idea for a sustainable, healthy meal business started germinating.
It took some time to get the farm to the point where it could produce sufficient quantities to make it viable, but now it’s working like a dream. The farm can provide the freshest fruit and veggies.
The methods used on the farm are all organic – no pesticides are used at all.
Farm Fresh has since moved on to include chicken.
These are pasture-raised, free-range chickens, and the farmers are part of a community devoted to sustainable, organic farming. As a result, they have a wider source of crops to draw from.
You might also be able to buy artisanal, homemade products like farm butter, jelly, and so on.
- Dinnerly: Simple meals with no more than six ingredients. Why spend longer in the kitchen?
- Marley Spoon: If you enjoy cooking, you’ll enjoy exploring the new flavors offered here.
- EveryPlate: Tasty, healthy food, and flavorful recipes every week.
Pros and Cons
- Easy to order
- The website is kept up to date
- You have a lot of customization options
- Choose weekly deliveries, alternate week deliveries, or whatever suits your schedule
- You get a chance to change out items you won’t eat
- There are a lot of different boxes to choose from
- The produce is fresh
- Canceling or pausing the subscription is simple
- The box is temperature controlled to lock in the freshness
- The unusual delivery schedule takes advantage of cooler morning temperatures
- Just fruit and veggies
- You don’t get any recipes
- The items are not pre-measured
- Could work out to be more expensive than in-store
Farm Fresh to You Review Final Thoughts
Farm Fresh to You is one of the best meal kit delivery services for anyone looking to introduce more fresh produce into their diet but doesn’t have the time to shop for it.
It is also perfect for those cooks that don’t have access to farm-fresh produce and prefer the just-picked flavor over that of frozen or products that were picked weeks ago.
Leave a Reply