Meal planning and cooking at home can at times become hectic and monotonous—and once in a while, the thought of taking a break from this is a welcome idea.
Meal delivery companies like Chef’s Plate can come in handy in these instances. This review will look at what this food company is all about.
How Does Chef’s Plate Work?
Chef’s Plate is committed to making quick, healthy eating possible through their careful sourcing of ingredients and curation of recipes to help clients more easily prepare their meals.
To get started with Chef’s Plate, register your account on the platform’s website, and then choose from one of the available four plans. Once you have done this, proceed to the menu, which consists of seven meals per week.
These weekly menus rotate and depending on the plan that you choose, you will receive the corresponding number of deliveries.
Once you have made your choices, the next step is to fill in your location details, and the delivery will be made; note that delivery times can vary depending on where you live. Also notable is that Chef’s Plate primarily serves the Canadian market.
The company delivers the meals in stay-cold packaging that keeps them fresh during transit.
Additionally, the meals can stay fresh for a few more hours after delivery, in case you are not at home at the time they arrive. An included recipe card will guide you on how to cook the meal, in a clear, step-by-step manner.
Types of Meals Available
Chef’s Plate is not a dedicated vegan food company, but neither is it a meat-only company.
The balance between both options provides convenience and flexibility for all manner of dietary needs; it also allows you to switch things up quickly should you feel the need for something different now and then.
But vegetarians, fear not: you can get complete meat-free menus on this platform, as there is a dedicated plan suited to this.
There is also the option to order gluten-free meals. This is especially useful if you are allergic to gluten, or simply trying to be more health-conscious with what you are eating.
Weekly, Chef’s Plate has up to eight recipes available to choose from. In a quest to live up to its word on healthy eating and sustainability, the company partners with local farmers who grow their produce organically.
Additionally, all the meat products that can be found on this site have been sourced from animals that were raised in a non-hormone environment. This guarantees that all of the food you order from this service will always be safe and healthy.
Chef’s Plate offers some of the best rates of any of the most popular meal delivery companies. And, depending on whether or not there is an introductory promotion available, Chef’s Plate sometimes offers a discount of up to 50% off on your first box.
When signing up with Chef’s Plate, be sure to check if there is a promotion being offered at the time that you register an account with the platform. One of the other features I love about Chef’s Plate is their flexibility—you can pick from any of the four plans available depending on your budget and needs.
Additionally, you get free shipping with any plan that you go with. Here are the four plans you have to choose from:
- The Classic plan is a selection of both vegetarian and meat recipes. In this plan, you can choose two, three, or four 15- and 30-minute recipes per week, in two or four servings per order. The weekly total for this plan is $59.94.
- The Family plan is meant for up to four people. With this plan, you can get two, three, or four recipes per week. This plan has kid-friendly recipes and is made with every household member in mind. The weekly total for this plan is $107.88.
- The 15-minute Plan is a two to four-person recipe made with time-saving in mind. If you need to go to bed early or have work that you need to get back to, then this is the plan for you — and the weekly total for this plan is $77.70.
- The Vegetarian plan is suited for both two- and four-person servings. This plan offers two, three, or four recipes weekly at a total cost of $59.94.
Chef’s Plate is a Canadian meal delivery company that was founded in 2014 and bought by German-based meal delivery company, HelloFresh, in 2018. Since then, the company has continued to serve the Canadian market with healthy food.
If you’re curious about other options in this market, we’ve done the footwork for you:
- HelloFresh is a German-based meal delivery company that operates in the United States and delivers fresh organic meal kits to homes; they are now the owners of Chef’s Plate.
- Dinnerly is a food delivery company that prides itself as the most affordable in the United States.
- Daily Harvest is a meal kit delivery company that focuses on delivering organic, farm-fresh produce ingredients to homes.
- Time-saving – Chef’s Plate has 15-minute meal plans that are focused on helping you save time.
- Mobile app – Chef’s Plate has an easy-to-use mobile app that allows you to order your meals and manage your account from your smartphone, on-the-go.
- Smaller portions – Chef’s Plate policy on non-wastage of food means they deliver exact quantities…which unfortunately means no leftovers. If you count on having last night’s dinner for lunch at work the next day, then this service definitely isn’t for you.
Chef’s Plate is a healthy option for someone looking for at meal delivery services in Canada. The company’s easy-to-cook recipes to help save a lot of time and thus providing a good deal of convenience for most.
Factoring in all of these considerations, this company is worth a try.
Leave a Reply