Do you love German cuisine? Would you like to sample a new selection of German foods each month for only $49?
Then you should consider signing up with German Food Box.
Read on to find out more.
Table of Contents
How Does German Food Box Work?
Each month, a team of experts at German Food Box curates 6 to 8 different food items that represent the best of German cuisine; these food items are then shipped to the customers as a monthly food box.
In order to enjoy this service, however, you need to sign up for the German Food Boxes.
Signing up is a simple process:
- Go to germanfoodbox.com and click on the “Subscribe” tab
- Enter your billing and shipping information
Once you subscribe, you’ll receive a box delivered right your door each month; traditional German recipes will also be included in each package.
The box is attractively designed and will contain up to 8 authentic German products; you even can present the box as a gift to another German-food aficionado in your life.
The variety of German food items you’ll receive will change from month to month. German Food Box typically ships their boxes in the middle of the month.
That means if you make an order on or before the 10th of the month, you’ll receive your first package that same month, provided food boxes haven’t been sold out.
However, if you make an order after the 10th, you’ll receive your first box the following month. Note that the company ships only to the United States.
And while they do their best to package all deliveries as securely possible, sometimes damage can occur to your package.
But fear not: German Food Box promises to replace any items in your box that arrive damaged after shipping.
It is also possible to pause your subscription at any time; this option can come handy if you plan to travel. You only need to send an email to [email protected], and you’ll be assisted accordingly.
Likewise, you can cancel your subscription at any time. But be sure to make your cancellation at least five days before your subscription renewal date; otherwise, you will still be billed for and receive your last box.
Types of Food Available
German Food Box offers a wide selection of foods. Here are some examples of what you can expect to get in your monthly boxes:
- Weisswurst – The traditional Munich Weisswurst is made using minced calf, herbs, and spices. It is heated before being served with sweet mustard and a salty pretzel.
- Schaumkuesse – These are chocolate-coated marshmallow treats, featuring a wafer on the bottom and a fluffy egg white foam in a variety of natural flavors on the inside. Great for anyone with a sweet tooth.
- Spaetzle – This deliciously soft egg noodle is an oddly-shaped morsel, a delightful combination of dumplings and pasta.
- Weizenmischbrot – This is white bread dough rolled in rye flour before being baked to form a hard crust.
- Kartoffelpuffer – Also called Reibekuchen, Kartoffelpuffer are German potato fritters. You can serve them with applesauce.
- Stollen – This is a fruit bread that contains dried fruit, and is normally coated with icing, sugar, or powdered sugar.
- Schwarzwaelder Kirschtorte – This is Black Forest gateau. It features multiple layers of chocolate sponge cake sandwiched with cherries and whipped cream.
- Bratwurst – This delicious German sausage is made from beef, pork, or veal.
- Deutscher Honig – This is 100% natural honey from lush-green natural landscapes in Germany.
You will notice all of these foods are already prepared for you. There are no recipe cards because these are not meal kits but a snack box.
To receive the 6-8 German food items, gift box, and traditional German recipes, you will pay $39 per month.
You’ll also pay $10 in shipping costs, totaling to $49 a month.
The company also offers promotional discounts from time to time.
German Food Box was founded in 2016 by Michael Pirro, a German national living in Florida.
Michael was inspired by the fact that many Americans love German cuisine, but very few of them can afford to take a trip to Germany to enjoy it.
Moreover, for those looking to buy German foods in the United States, it is usually a challenge to find high quality German brands.
Michael founded the German Food Box to try to fill this gap. With German Food Box, everyone in the U.S. has the opportunity to enjoy premium quality German products delivered directly to their doorstep every month.
The contents of the box change every month to ensure they don’t get monotonous.
The company has a team of experts who choose only the best, authentic German products, and at least 90 percent of the products delivered are imported directly from Germany.
German Food Box Alternatives
If German food doesn’t appeal to your culinary taste, there are several other subscription box services you can try, including the following three:
- All Around Vegan – All Around Vegan is a monthly subscription service that focuses on the needs of vegans and those interested in veganism. Each box comes with items from 4 categories – a lifestyle item, a food item, a body care item, and an activism item.
- Dana’s Bakery – Founded in 2012, Dana’s Bakery specializes in making and selling gluten-free, kosher foods, and sometimes rare treats such as French macarons with an American twist. They ship their products worldwide.
- Fine Chocolate Club – Fine Chocolate Club is a subscription-based chocolate delivery service. Every month, they deliver a box containing 5 bars from the best chocolate manufacturers across the globe. You cannot get a better comfort food than their chocolate.
Here are some of the major advantages and disadvantages of German Food Box:
- Wide variety of some of the finest German cuisines
- Perfect gift for foodies
- A great way to discover new international cuisine
- You can pause subscription any time
- You can cancel the subscription any time
- Attractive decorative gift box style packaging
- No free shipping
- Only ships to the United States
- You don’t get to choose the content of your box
German Food Box will deliver some of the finest foods from Germany right to your doorstep every month.
The monthly services delivers 6 to 8 different delicious and authentic German foods, and the box is sufficiently packaged to present as a gift.
German Food Box has successfully sourced quality, authentic German fare, and made it available to all, whether you consider Germany your home country or not.