Many coffee subscription services exist to meet the needs of avid drinkers and enthusiasts.
While not all will be suitable for you, some are sure to blow your mind. DriftAway Coffee is one such service.
Table of Contents
How Does DriftAway Coffee Work?
DriftAway Coffee is a coffee subscription service. This means that you subscribe to the service, and then coffee is delivered to your house on a weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly basis. Getting started is easy.
DriftAway requires you to fill in some personal details when you first subscribe to their services. This initial probing allows them to send you a sample before you officially get started. At this point, you will not be required to commit to anything, and you can easily get out of the arrangement.
The sample will contain four types of coffee in two-ounce packages. This helps the service to come up with a customized coffee plan for you. From the samples delivered to you, you will get the following varieties:
- Fruity – This consists of slightly tangy flavors such as those grown in Ethiopia or Kenya.
- Classic – This sample is a gourmet twist on your everyday coffee.
- Balanced – This sample consists of medium-roast coffee.
- Dark – This sample is for those that love dark coffee.
This initial sample package is sent to you five days after you have registered on the platform. You will then be required to go back to the platform to answer a short survey that will help DriftAway customize your profile and coffee tastes. This way, they can make deliveries that suit your specific needs when it comes to coffee drinking.
From there, you will need to choose the shipment size you want. Here, you have two options, a 22-cup capacity or a 33-cup capacity. Follow this up by selecting how frequent you would like your shipments to be. Your options are weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly. It is all up to you.
Next up will be the billing details and frequency. You will need to choose how frequently you are willing to be billed for the service. DriftAway allows you to choose the pay-per-shipment option, or you can be billed on the six-month plan. These plans help you enjoy some significant savings overall.
With those details covered, you will then need to decide whether you will wait for the standard delivery or if you would like to switch things up. You can do this by choosing an alternative means of delivery, but it comes at an additional cost.
Types of Coffee Available
DriftAway deals with single-origin coffee. This has the advantage of ensuring you always know where your coffee comes from, but the downside of a decrease in variety. However, you are subjected to the initial sampling process, where you can choose from four broad categories. This step helps to define the type of coffee drinker you are. The service is then better equipped to help get the best coffee delivered to you.
Additionally, you have the confidence that DriftAway only deals in 100% Arabica coffee, which it sources from some of the best growing areas around the world. In doing so, the company also gives you the chance to connect with the farmers who grow the crop.
With each delivery, you will get an information card bearing the name of the farmer, his or her photograph, and a short bio on their triumphs in coffee industry. This helps build a particular connection with your coffee, that also makes you more loyal to it.
DriftAway has a couple of subscription plans for their customers to choose from depending on their budgets. These are:
- Solo – This is a 7-ounce or 14-cup plan that costs $12 per shipment. On this plan, a pound of coffee goes for $27.43.
- Doppio – This is the most popular plan, and it is an 11-ounce or 22-cup plan that costs $14.57 per shipment. The price of a pound of coffee here is $21.19.
- 1 Pound – This is a 16-ounce or 32-cup plan that is priced at $18.86 per shipment.
- 2 Pounds – This is a 32-ounce or 64-cup plan that will cost you $29.14 per shipment. Additionally, on this plan, a pound of coffee costs $14.57.
For the first two plans, you get free first-class shipping, and for the remaining two, you get free priority shipping.
DriftAway is a coffee subscription service founded by Anu Menon and Suyog Mody in 2012. The company was formed out of a deep love for coffee and the realization that coffee needs to be delivered fresh to those that need and want it. The company has since grown to be more than just a coffee subscription company; it has also become a sustainable one.
- Angels Cup – A coffee subscription service that offers a fun blind-testing product.
- Atlas Coffee – A coffee delivery company that sources coffee from a new country each month.
- Blue Bottle Coffee – A coffee roaster with a presence in the US and Japan that offers a subscription service.
- Sampling – DriftAway allows you to sample different coffee varieties to help establish a custom delivery plan for you.
- Free to choose delivery – Compared to other subscription companies that only have their own methods of delivery, with DriftAway Coffee, you can select your own delivery method, though, this may incur additional costs.
- Sustainability – DriftAway Coffee dedicates itself to creating stability by linking coffee lovers to the farmers that grow the crop.
- No blends – With DriftAway Coffee, you can only drink Arabica coffee.
For the ultimate coffee drinker looking to not only enjoy their coffee but also to have a connection with the farmer that grows the coffee, DriftAway Coffee is the go-to option. This company brings you closer to the farmers by including informational cards in the packages. If you are looking for a way to get the best-curated coffee delivered directly to you, then DriftAway has got you covered.